Discover: Day 49

Weekly Memory Verse:

Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them."
John 14:23 (TNIV)

 

Meditation Thought:

What are some examples of how I have grown closer to God by obeying Him?

 

Today's Reading - John 14:15-24 (ISV) Choose another translation

"If you love me, keep my commandments. I will ask the Father to give you another Helper, to be with you always. He is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, for it neither sees him nor recognizes him. But you recognize him, for he abides with you and will be in you. I am not going to forsake you like orphans. I will come back to you. In a little while the world will no longer see me, but you will see me. Because I live, you will live also. On that day you will know that I am in my Father and that you are in me and that I am in you. The person who has my commandments and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I, too, will love him and reveal myself to him."

Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, "Lord, how is it that you are going to reveal yourself to us and not to the world?"

Jesus answered him, "If anyone loves me, he will keep my word. Then my Father will love him, and we will go to him and make our home within him. The one who does not love me does not keep my words. The word that you hear is not mine, but comes from the Father who sent me."

(Today's reading came from the International Standard Version)

No comments: