Discover: Day 46

Weekly Memory Verse:

Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them."
John 14:23 (TNIV)

 

Meditation Thought:

Everything I need to know to obey is in the Bible. Have I started obeying more as I have read God's Word?

 

Today's Reading - Psalm 119:1-16 (GNB) Choose another translation

Happy are those whose lives are faultless, who live according to the law of the LORD. Happy are those who follow his commands, who obey him with all their heart. They never do wrong; they walk in the LORD's ways. LORD, you have given us your laws and told us to obey them faithfully. How I hope that I shall be faithful in keeping your instructions! If I pay attention to all your commands, then I will not be put to shame. As I learn your righteous judgments, I will praise you with a pure heart. I will obey your laws; never abandon me!

How can young people keep their lives pure? By obeying your commands. With all my heart I try to serve you; keep me from disobeying your commandments. I keep your law in my heart, so that I will not sin against you. I praise you, O LORD; teach me your ways. I will repeat aloud all the laws you have given. I delight in following your commands more than in having great wealth. I study your instructions; I examine your teachings. I take pleasure in your laws; your commands I will not forget.

(Today's reading came from the Good News Bible)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Personally I think we obey more through study of the Word and through maturing in Christ. Each time I obey and see how well that works out, I am encouraged to be obedient in another area. I find when I am unhappy it is usually because I am not walking as closely with Christ, which then leads to disobedience.