Discover: Day 30

Weekly Memory Verse:

Now without faith it is impossible to please God, for the one who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who diligently search for him.
Hebrews 11:6 (ISV)

 

Meditation Thought:

Choosing to believe God is risky. The outcome sometimes seems very bad on the surface. Is that a risk I'm willing to take?

 

Today's Reading - Hebrews 11:1-2, 32-40 (NET) Choose another translation

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for, being convinced of what we do not see. For by it the people of old received God's commendation.

And what more shall I say? For time will fail me if I tell of Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, of David and Samuel and the prophets. Through faith they conquered kingdoms, administered justice, gained what was promised, shut the mouths of lions, quenched raging fire, escaped the edge of the sword, gained strength in weakness, became mighty in battle, put foreign armies to flight, and women received back their dead raised to life. But others were tortured, not accepting release, to obtain resurrection to a better life. And others experienced mocking and flogging, and even chains and imprisonment. They were stoned, sawed apart, murdered with the sword; they went about in sheepskins and goatskins; they were destitute, afflicted, ill-treated (the world was not worthy of them); they wandered in deserts and mountains and caves and openings in the earth.

And these all were commended for their faith, yet they did not receive what was promised. For God had provided something better for us, so that they would be made perfect together with us.

(Today's reading came from the NET Bible)

4 comments:

stephen said...

Puts our sufferings to shame...

Anonymous said...

Talk about considering the cost of following Jesus Christ. Even with that said, I'm in!

RWT711 said...

Hardest decision we'll ever make is to follow Christ. Because the rest is uphill. I'm told the best part is reaching the top though! I can't wait to see the view!

Anonymous said...

"Lord, help my unbelief!" By faith, I will step out and take the risk to do what God wants me to. I do believe in Him and plan to show others that I do.