Discover: Day 29

Weekly Memory Verse:

No one has ever seen God.  The One and Only Son -- the One who is at the Father's side -- He has revealed Him.
John 1:18 (HCSB)

 

Meditation Thought:

It is important to God that we know Him personally, not just know about Him. How well do I really know God?

 

Today's Reading - Exodus 3:13-16 (NASB) Choose another translation

Then Moses said to God, "Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I will say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you.' Now they may say to me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?" God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'" God, furthermore, said to Moses, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.' This is My name forever, and this is My memorial-name to all generations. Go and gather the elders of Israel together and say to them, 'The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, has appeared to me, saying, "I am indeed concerned about you and what has been done to you in Egypt."'"

(Today's reading came from the New American Standard Bible)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am getting to know God. It seems that He is revealed to me on an "as needed basis". For instance, I used to think that I AM was a silly thing for God to say to Moses but now I know it is all He needed to say for His people to know that He was their deliverer. And it gives me chills when I read Jesus telling the woman at the well I AM

Anonymous said...

1 Peter 1:1-11 tells us the first of eight steps in knowing God is faith. By faith I came to know God at His most basic level - love. As I climb the steps of virtue, knowledge, self-control, steadfastness, Godliness and brotherly affection, I am amazed that the more I get to know Him the more He brings me back to the most basic element of my knowledge of Him - love. But it is not love for me but love that flows down from Him to give to others. God is Love.

Anonymous said...

I feel I know God deeper today then I knew him yesterday and I will know him more tomorrow. After-all isn't that how we got to know our earthly friends? I heard a interesting analogy this weekend, God is like a multi-layered present, each time take off a piece or layer of the wrapping paper more of God is revealed to you. I can't wait for more!

RWT711 said...

I like to say that I know God. I'm not saying that I know everything about Him. I just like saying that I like to say that I know God.