Discover: Day 6

Weekly Memory Verse:

Jesus replied, "My Father is always working, and so am I." John 5:17 (NLT)

 

Meditation Thought:

In what ways has God already shown that He can do His work through me?

 

Today's Reading - 1 Corinthians 12:1-11 (GW) Choose another translation

Brothers and sisters, I don't want there to be any misunderstanding concerning spiritual gifts. You know that when you were unbelievers, every time you were led to worship false gods you were worshiping gods who couldn't even speak. So I want you to know that no one speaking by God's Spirit says, "Jesus is cursed." No one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

There are different spiritual gifts, but the same Spirit gives them. There are different ways of serving, and yet the same Lord is served. There are different types of work to do, but the same God produces every gift in every person.

The evidence of the Spirit's presence is given to each person for the common good of everyone. The Spirit gives one person the ability to speak with wisdom. The same Spirit gives another person the ability to speak with knowledge. To another person the same Spirit gives courageous faith. To another person the same Spirit gives the ability to heal. Another can work miracles. Another can speak what God has revealed. Another can tell the difference between spirits. Another can speak in different kinds of languages. Another can interpret languages. There is only one Spirit who does all these things by giving what God wants to give to each person.

(Today's reading came from the God's Word to the Nations Bible)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A portion of this passage from The Message says "God's various gifts are handed out everywhere; but they all originate in God's Spirit. God's various ministries are carried out everywhere; but they all originate in God's Spirit. God's various expressions of power are in action everywhere; but God himself is behind it all. Each person is given something to do that shows who God is: Everyone gets in on it, everyone benefits." I need to be more observant of the work God is doing through me. This passage reminds me God gives each person something to show who God is...I need to be aware of that in my life!

RWT711 said...

I believe that the Lord is asking us to pray for these gifts. That we should pray together and separately and that we ought to expect that the Lord will hear us and show us not only the potential of our church but show us the power of His Spirit.

Anonymous said...

I've been privileged to have prayed the prayer of Salvation with people, what an honor. I've had the privilege to pray with the sick & be witness to their healing, what an amazing site. I've been blessed enough to be a blessing to others, so humbling. I am so amazed that God has chosen this sinner to save and utilize. I need to be more attentive to God's call on my life.

Anonymous said...

Such awesome thoughts you all have! I am happiest when I use the gifts God has given me.