Discover: Day 15

Weekly Memory Verse:

This is real love -- not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.
1 John 4:10 (NLT)

 

Meditation Thought:

What unique way has God tried to get my attention in the past?

 

Today's Reading - Exodus 3:1-6 (NASB) Choose another translation

Now Moses was pasturing the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian; and he led the flock to the west side of the wilderness and came to Horeb, the mountain of God.  The angel of the LORD appeared to him in a blazing fire from the midst of a bush; and he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, yet the bush was not consumed.  So Moses said, "I must turn aside now and see this marvelous sight, why the bush is not burned up."  When the LORD saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, "Moses, Moses!" And he said, "Here I am."  Then He said, "Do not come near here; remove your sandals from your feet, for the place on which you are standing is holy ground."  He said also, "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob."  Then Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look at God.

(Today's reading came from the New American Standard Bible)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God got my attention in the past with the still small voice...a feeling that He was far away and my circumstances were out of my control. I never want to be away from Him again...He's got my full attention, now!!! We read this passage in the Mighty Oaks class and we found that God spoke to people in Bible times in different ways. God's Word and His Holy Spirit speaks to us today in just the way that will make us say "Here I am"

RWT711 said...

I know that God has called me and that we have had conversation.... granted its mostly been one way, but personally, I'm still waiting for God to talk to me directly like he called to Moses. That would be sooo cool. It says that He called to him. I remember when I was little my dad calling to me when it was time to come home from the neighbors house. It was loud, gutteral, and it was a call just for me.

The Lord speaks to us in so many ways. Quietly, silently, through scripture, and by knocking us down. I really hope that when he wants my attention he doesn't choose the latter.

Anonymous said...

God moves in my life the same way he has in everyones life. Quietly through scripture reading sometimes. Other's he has sent someone to cross my path and give me a word that God has placed in them. These times are really cool cause the person might say something to the effect of “I don't know why but God has told me to tell you...” The times that God really has to get it through my thick skull He let's me know with a bang. Those time's are cool but I think the quieter ways are preferred as Rob says. Cause those big bangs make me wonder what small nudges he gave me that I missed earlier.